In a nutshell
There’s lots of talk about a leader’s role in empowering teams, but there is a risk we end up dissipating a group’s energy if others are not aligned behind a clear ambition.
Whilst we might think we are clear on the ambition of the team or organisation, often this ambition is only clear in the leader’s head, or the words of a corporate mission statement are misunderstood or ignored.
In order to release and focus a group’s energy, we need to understand where to focus, agree on priorities, and identify what’s important and how to make decisions. Inevitably this process throws up tensions that need to be managed and handled carefully, given we’re operating in a democracy, not a dictatorship.
Aligning a group of individuals around an ambition is a mix of art and science. A mix of process and people skills. Of managing ego’s and handling the tension between setting boundaries and encouraging dissent in order to ultimately get a group of eagles to fly in formation.
In this 3 hr session we will:
- Explore the neuroscience behind the importance of defining success and clarifying intent
- Clarify your context and challenges with our Ambition into Action tool
- Apply an action centred leadership approach to effective planning and driving progress
What impact can this have for our team
- An inspired and empowered team
- Working with coherence and clarity