In a nutshell
According to a recent survey, more than half of tech workers in the US report feeling burnt out, and the increasing prevalence of burnout and stress related illnesses means emotional resilience is no longer a luxury we can choose to ignore. Without it we can suffer massive costs both on our physical and mental health, on our relationships, and professionally, in our careers and our organisation’s bottom line.
It’s common to hear that we should learn to be resilient or to become more emotionally aware, yet far from being an innate character trait, this adaptive capacity is a skill that must be practised and requires permission to invest time into cultivating it.
Resilience is the process of growth. With the right tools and techniques, we can turn challenging setbacks into fuel for personal and professional development.
In this 3 hr session we will:
- Develop a common understanding of resilience, emotional debt, and how to self-regulate ourselves to improve our wellbeing and avoid burnout
- Understanding how different types of stressors may affect us, and the role that our internal narratives and our responses have on our resilience level
- Develop a resilience toolkit to build a greater capacity for resilience ourselves, and learn how and when to help team members who may be struggling with stress and anxiety.
What impact can this have for our team (and/or org?)
- Reduce the risk of burnout
- Increase courage and composure in the face of uncertainty
- Turn challenging setbacks into fuel for personal and professional growth