In a nutshell
Diversity programmes are everywhere. From reverse mentoring to sponsorship, target setting and leadership programmes, interventions in this space are abundant. But after decades of diversity effort, what has actually changed?
Despite research showing that diversity leads to outperformance (source), only six CEOs and 12 other executive directors across the FTSE 100 come from a minority ethnic group. That’s despite more than 9.9 million ethnic minorities living in England and Wales alone.
So what are we doing wrong? Or better yet, what should we be doing differently if we want to drive different outcomes?
We will explore the common challenges and mistakes that we see leaders making in this space, and attempt to really get to the bottom of what leaders can do differently to truly lead inclusively.
In this 3 hr session we will:
- What is inclusive leadership? And why we may be hardwired against it
- The dangers of groupthink / dominance dynamics
- Tools and techniques to actively shift the dial as a leader creating an inclusive environment for a diverse team to shine
What impact can this have for our team
- Break the inclusion threshold to access diversity of thought
- Bring fresh eyes to spot the new in the old
- Greater insight and empathy for others