In a nutshell
Every business needs to be flexible and innovative to survive in disruption. But this aspiration and the reality of how it plays out can be miles apart.
The reason for this gulf is that both traditional business and our fundamental human nature are hardwired to resist change and fear the new.
Most businesses are structured to crush creativity and innovation due to its inherent associated risk and this traditional way of operating will have left an indelible mark on those who work within it.
In terms of our own resistance, our human neurology craves safety and familiarity and therefore often spots the risk not the opportunity.
To mitigate both of these obstacles requires the very deliberate approach and mindset of Experimentation.
In this 3 hr session we will:
- The fundamental neuroscience behind creativity and experimentation
- The 2 mutually exclusive modes of creative thinking (expansionist vs reductive thinking)
- The attitudinal difference between learning vs failing/succeeding
What impact can this have for our team
- Alignment on the behaviours required to make Experimentation happen
- An understanding of how to re-frame ‘failure’ as the learning fuel that drives success
- A support network that nurtures the inevitable uncertainty and associated stress into a psychologically safe space