In a nutshell
When we are in flow, and doing something we are genuinely connected to, our brains release serotonin, oxytocin and dopamine. These chemicals help to regulate our mood, support our feelings of empathy and social bonding, and perhaps most importantly, dopamine helps us feel love, joy and excitement. It’s essentially the reward mechanism our brains use to drive our behaviour. Our brains literally reward us with drugs when we are being useful to others.
It’s perhaps not surprising then that when we are intrinsically motivated, and connected to our personal sense of purpose we are likely to be healthier, live longer and more fulfilling lives, and we are happier and more productive at work (source).
If people really are your most valuable asset – why wouldn’t we take the time to uncover our intrinsic motivations, and discover our leadership purpose?
In this 3 hr session we will:
- Understand the neuroscience behind intrinsic motivation & develop awareness of your own psychological drivers
- Where our psychological drivers are / aren’t being met and what we can do about it
- Clarity on our personal sense of leadership purpose
What impact can this have for our team
- Alignment around what success looks like
- Gain clarity of direction and focus in decision making
- An established and permanent North Star providing certainty in volatility