In a nutshell
Every action we take has an impact, whether we like it or not. We know from chaos theory that even just a small change in the initial condition of a system can lead to a dramatic change in the outcome. As a leader, there really is no neutral position in any situation.
Instead, the job of a leader is to recognise the systems that we play a part in, as well as the energy that we bring into any system, and decide intentionally what action to take. No matter how seemingly small and inconsequential our actions might seem to us, they have the potential to be as impactful as the metaphorical butterfly and the tornado – either in a good way or a bad way!
Understanding and awareness of the ecosystems we are affecting in, and being affected by, enables us to find ways of purposefully having the impact we want not just in our own team and business but in the wider world too.
In this 3 hr session we will:
- Understand the nature of systems and why this is important for leadership
- A tool to map the systems you are currently operating in
- Tools and techniques to disturb systems in a positive way
What impact can this have for our team (and/or org?)
- Open up mindsets and possibilities to achieve greater impact and sustainable change
- Understand how our role and our organisation interconnects us to a much wider ecosystem
- Focussed energy and time on what really matters